Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Kitchen Bouldering

When I first moved into my apartment I had a stress fracture and was really out of shape. It was winter and I was basically stuck inside most of the day. I was thinking a lot about climbing and wanted to do what I could while my fracture healed in a walking boot.

It started with finger tip pullups on the door jambs and evolved from there. I now have a route that starts at the fridge and traverses down the hallway to the bathroom. I climb laps on this whenever I can't make it to the gym or Smith or some other climbing area. Its been especially helpful with the cold weather and snow for keeping my forearms in shape.

I created this video to showcase how awesome this route is and how seriously I take training... which as you might guess is super-super-duper, hardcore, all-out serious! Enjoy and Happy Holidays...


No comments:

Post a Comment